If you haven’t heard Davey Craddock yet then you need to. Odds are if you’re reading this blog then you appreciate great alt-country, blues and rock ‘n’ roll and Craddock combines all of the above with real verve and emotion. His last EP contained the brilliant and catchy single ‘Keep On Waiting‘ and he followed it up with the double A-side release ‘100 Days’/’There Will Be Light’ which saw him imbuing his music with more of a rich and soulful feel.
He’s continued that on ‘Better Alone’, the first taste of his forthcoming debut LP. The slow-burning sway of a song was recorded live to tape at Perth’s RADA studios and also features the vocals of Felicity Groom. To celebrate Craddock is hitting Victoria for a run of solo shows. See below for details.
The Spectacles are drummer Todd Pickett (Kill Devil Hills, WAM Multi-instrumentalist of the Year), guitarist Luke Dux (The Floors, WAM Guitarist of the Year), bassist Pete Stone (former Abbe May & The Rockin’ Pneumonia) and pianist Mo Wilson (Mo Wilson & The Drivers)
- Feb 7 – The Bird, WA (w/ The Spectacles) Joel Barker album launch
- Feb 20 – Kyneton Music Festival, VIC (solo)
- Feb 24 – The Old Bar, VIC (solo)
- Feb 26 – The Drunken Poet, VIC (solo)
- Mar 4 – Wesley Anne, VIC (solo) with David Craft + Sean Pollard
- Mar 8 – Fremantle Arts Centre, WA (w/ The Spectacles)
- Mar 19 – Defectors Bar, WA (solo)
- Mar 21 – Bunbury Entertainment Centre, WA (w/ The Spectacles) + Timothy Nelson & The Infidels and Rainy Way Women