One of the greatest rock and rollers of all time, the legendaryJerry Lee Lewis will be releasing his new album Rock & Roll Time on November 7 on Vanguard/Caroline Australia – his first for the label. Rock & Roll Time features a star–studded line up of guests including Keith Richards, Robbie Robertson, Ron Wood, Neil Young, Shelby Lynne, Nils Lofgren, Daniel Lanois and more.
The song ‘Rock & Roll Time’ was originally co-written and recorded by Kris Kristofferson in 1974. Lewis’ rendition features guitarist Doyle Bramhall II and Jon Brion. Recorded at the House of Blues Studio in Memphis, this 11 song collection pulls from the vaults of Chuck Berry (Little Queenie), Bob Dylan (Stepchild), Johnny Cash (Folsom Prison Blues), and Jimmy Reed (Bright Lights, Big City) for this stellar collection of classics.
Rock & Roll Time Tracklisting:
1. ROCK & ROLL TIME (with Doyle Bramhall II and Jon Brion)
2. LITTLE QUEENIE (with Keith Richards and Ron Wood)
3. STEPCHILD (with Daniel Lanois and Doyle Bramhall II)
4. SICK AND TIRED (with Jon Brion)
5. BRIGHT LIGHTS, BIG CITY (with Neil Young and Ivan Neville)
6. FOLSOM PRISON BLUES (with Robbie Robertson and Nils Lofgren)
7. KEEP ME IN MIND (with Jon Brion)
8. MISSISSIPPI KID (with Derek Trucks and Doyle Bramhall II)
9. BLUES LIKE MIDNIGHT (with Robbie Robertson)
10. HERE COMES THAT RAINBOW AGAIN (with Shelby Lynne)
11. PROMISED LAND (with Doyle Bramhall II)
Rock & Roll Time is out November 7, through Vanguard/Caroline Australia